178.50€ incl. 19% USt.
The gold standard qualification for practical barista training for beginners is now available as a fully online course.
Take advantage of our strictly limited introductory price while stocks last!
Firstly, our web-based course offers a unique format which includes live coaching and rigorous skills assessment for all attendees. Also, this innovative approach ensures that our online training teaches practical skills and not just theoretical knowledge.
- A comprehensive online course, including hours of video content
- Challenging quizzes and interactive exercises to reinforce your knowledge
- One-to-one practical coaching from our barista trainers
- A printable workbook and barista manual to keep as a reference
- A signed certificate of completion once you pass our final practical and written tests
Taken together, our approach makes this course the most rigorous online training available.
To sum up, you can see a free preview of some of the lessons by creating an account on our platform.
About SCA Barista Skills Foundation
Barista Skills Foundation is a comprehensive course that teaches you all the practical skills you need behind the espresso bar. Learn how to make rich espressos and creamy cappuccinos, using modern techniques and professional equipment.
Beginners are welcome and no previous experience is necessary. Moreover, this course is suitable for working baristas who want to solidify their knowledge, refine their technique, or work towards a professional qualification.
In this course, we will learn how to:
- Make espresso accurately, consistently, and safely
- Adjust and maintain modern espresso grinders
- Make creamy textured cappuccinos with simple latte art
- Appreciate the flavours of different coffees
About the trainer
Our SCA-certified Barista Trainer, Tom Hopkinson, has been a trainer and educator in speciality coffee for over 10 years. His experience includes managing one of Ireland’s leading speciality coffee roasters, and the acclaimed cafe and training centre Prufrock Coffee in London. He is also a writer and researcher for Barista Hustle, an internationally recognised resource for online coffee education.