General Manager Retail
As General Manager of our retail department your job will oversee communication between the different retail departments to ensure efficiency and productivity within the Shops. You will manage new merchandise roll-outs, coffee roll-outs & ordering, oversee and create regularly scheduled meetings as necessary for cafe functions: financial meetings, managers meetings and regular staff meetings.
Tasks include :
- Develops sales and profit plans that are in-line with budgetary goals set with the Upper Management \ Financial Department. Enables the Shop Manager to successfully execute those plans.
- Ensures and is accountable for profitability of all locations by monitoring and helping Shop Managers to grow sales and control costs of goods, inventory levels, labor, supplies and expenses.
- Maintains and utilizes daily, weekly, quarterly and annual financial reporting tools.
- Maintains a clean well-merchandised store, following visual presentation plans and standards.
- Plans, executes and communicates all sales promotions and new product information effectively and efficiently across all retail locations.
- Oversees staffing, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training needs of Shop Managers. Facilitates on-going training and development of Shop Managers.
- Promotes and practices safe work habits, identifying and resolving potential safety hazards, operational inconsistencies and any team member or customer incidents. Ensure that accidents are documented, initial investigations are conducted and the root cause is determined in the interest of maintaining a safe work environment. Conducts monthly safety meetings ensuring team member compliance in all safety initiatives.
- Ensures that all Shop Managers are committed to and demonstrate Five Elephant service principles and rules.
- Sets and maintains Five Elephant Service Standards.
- Provides ongoing training and development to all Shop Managers in the areas of operating standards, customer service, product knowledge and employee development.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead and effectively communicate Five Elephant principles, rules, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Builds morale and team spirit by fostering a work environment where team member input is encouraged and valued.
- Ensures each Shop Manager has received proper training and support to perform their job efficiently and effectively.
- Continually develops Shop Managers, establishing specific performance objectives, and measuring performance regularly through employee reviews.
About you :
- Three years manager experience or relevant equivalent experience.
- Substantial coffee retail experience with a focus on service.
- Successful track record of team management.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented and able to multitask.
- Must have effective problem solving/decision making abilities.
- Must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills.